Many people from the MSA community ask The MSA Coalition “What can I do to help?”
Well, the single best way to help right now is to become a volunteer fundraiser in the MSA Coalition’s CrowdRise Holiday Challenge. Yes, you as one individual can make a big impact and we will teach you how! It’s simple and takes just 5 to 10 minutes!
There is no hard selling involved, you can very quickly set up a MSA fundraising and awareness page and share it with all your contacts. In the process they will learn more about multiple system atrophy and can choose whether or not to donate.
So you ask, “Tell me more about the CrowdRise Holiday Challenge?”
The challenge is on until January 7, 2016 and offers participating charities many chances at winning great rewards, including the grand prizes for the three charities that raise the most money:
- 1st place: $100,000
- 2nd place: $50,000
- 3rd place: $25,000
As additional incentive to give, the MSA Coalition has arranged for matching gift pledges totaling $150,000! All donations made during the CrowdRise Holiday Challenge will be matched dollar for dollar until we reach our goal of $150,000 raised – or until December 31st
This sounds great, but “What will the funds be used for?”
As of this writing The MSA Coalition is in third place having raised more than $95,000, but several charities are within striking distance to pass us. We need to raise $55,000 more to get the full $150,000 matching gift and to give us a great chance of stay in the top three. If we meet our goal of raising $150,000 this will turn into $300,000 thanks to our generous matching sponsors. If we win 1st place in the challenge this turns into $400,000. There are a number of other bonus prizes available in the challenge period. All money raised and any bonus prizes won will go 100% to the MSA Coalition’s dedicated MSA Research Fund!
That’s right, all money raised and matched, and any bonus cash prizes will be used to fund important MSA research in 2016, such as:
- Exploring new ways to diagnose MSA earlier
- Developing new treatments that can relieve symptoms
- Identifying new drugs that can slow or halt disease progression
- Understanding more about the underlying cause
Funding all of these avenues of research will get us closer to finding a cure that will eliminate MSA from this world.
So, if you or a loved one has MSA this is your opportunity to make a difference by becoming a volunteer fundraiser in the CrowdRise Holiday Challenge. What better time to reach out to contacts and ask them to give than during the Holiday season – the season of giving.
Awesome! You are definitely interested, but still asking, “How do I set Up a CrowdRise Holliday Challenge Fundraiser to support The MSA Coalition?”
We are glad you asked! The answer is – it is very easy set up of your fundraiser and even better it can be done in just 5 to 10 minutes!
Here are the steps for setting up your very own fundraising and awareness page:
- Click here to go to The MSA Coalition’s CrowdRise Holiday Challenge Page (Be sure to read the rest of this article before starting.)
- Click on the blue button “Fundraise for this campaign”. This will automatically generate your page and it will be prefilled with the MSA Coalition’s story, video and photos.
- Click on “Edit Fundraiser”. Now it’s time for you to add your own personal stamp to YOUR MSA awareness and fundraising page by uploading your photos and writing your personal MSA story!
- Remember to SAVE your page and copy your personalized URL (web address) to share far and wide.
A BIG TIP on making your page more appealing:
Use EMOTION!!!! Tell your personal MSA story with as much emotion and passion as possible. Upload your own pictures and be sure they appear first when your page is opened. If you include a short video to tell your story this is even better! Not only will your story help you raise money, but it will also spread awareness about Multiple System Atrophy.
Now comes the fun and rewarding part, making your fundraiser a success.
Be passionate and unafraid as you share the link to your CrowdRise Holiday Challenge page with your entire network including:
- Church members
- Social groups
- Work colleagues
- And more!
The two easiest ways to spread the word and ask for donations are:
- EMAIL your personal fundraiser page link with a personal note to everyone in your contact list. In your note summarize why you are fundraising and let everybody know that donations are tax-deductible in the US.
- SHARE your personal fundraiser link on all of your social media accounts, especially Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn and be sure to ask your closest contacts to share it on their social media accounts, too.
Best tip: If you really want to go for it call your best contacts and talk to them about your fundraiser and ask them for a donation. Follow up the call with a personal thank you email that includes the link to your fundraiser.
Another great idea is to host a Holiday party and in lieu of bringing hostess gifts or wine ask your guests for a donation to your fundraiser, remember to include your fundraiser information in the invitation.
Here are a few more tips for a successful fundraiser:
- Set a realistic and achievable goal for the amount you want to raise. For most people $500 to $1,000 is very reasonable.
- Be the first person to donate to your own fundraiser. If you don’t donate to your own fundraiser your contacts will be less likely to donate.
- Don’t fundraise alone. Recruit your family members and closest friends to spread the word about your fundraiser to their contacts.
- If you want to learn more about how the CrowdRise Holiday Challenge works please read our blog post “Maximize Your Impact As A CrowdRise Holiday Challenge Fundraiser.”
We are very excited to have you on our fundraising team and look forward to seeing you on CrowdRise!
The MSA Coalition fundraising achievements so far:
So far, we have approximately 65 individual volunteer fundraisers helping us with this Challenge and together this team has raised nearly $100,000 in 12 days! Imagine what you and 64 other new fundraisers can achieve for MSA Research over the next 4 ½ weeks!
The MSA Coalition wants to win this year’s grand prize – a $100,000 bonus donation – so that we can truly make an impact on MSA Research in 2016. We can do it with your help!!!!
Please feel welcome to call Don Crouse at 866-737-5999 x203 with any questions about setting up a fundraiser.