2016 MSA Coalition Patient & Family Conference
October 14 & 15 in New Orleans, LA
Space is limited so register early!
There are three important steps to register:
- Review the image release form, and opt to agree or disagree during the registration process (step 2)
- Register to attend with the MSA Coalition
- Make your separate Hotel Reservations
Step 1: The Image Release Form
Note: The conference will be videotaped. Please see the image release agreement that you may choose to accept or decline during online registration. If you prefer not to be videotaped, remind the staff at registration check-in and you will be seated accordingly.
Step 2: Register for the conference:
Step 3: Make Your hotel Reservation:
Book your room ASAP and no later then September 22!
The Conference is being held at the Hilton New Orleans Riverside Hotel:
HILTON NEW ORLEANS RIVERSIDE
2 Poydras Street<
New Orleans, Louisiana, 70130
Call for reservations:: +1-504-584-3959
You can also reserve online.
Use the group code: MSA.
Thursday, Oct. 13 only is sold out at Riverfront Hilton. Remaining nights are still available, however, alternate Thursday evening accommodations are available at Embassy Suites (see below).
The Embassy Suites (nearby) is the alternate hotel:
Group Name: The MSA Coalition
Group Code: MSA
Embassy Suites by Hilton New Orleans Convention Center
315 Julia Street
New Orleans, Louisiana
All rooms are only being held for our group until 9/22/16. After that time, they will be released and interested attendees may have difficulty getting rooms as the city is extremely booked. Attendees need to know this deadline.
Tentative Conference Schedule
Many thanks to this year’s medical host, David Houghton, M.D. and his team at Ochsner Health System!
Friday, October 14
12:00 p.m. Registration
1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. Exhibits
1:00 – 3:45 p.m. Practical Strategies & Planning for Living With MSA
Patient & Caregiver Seminars
- It Takes a Village – a practical and inspirational discussion about the MSA care team from a caregiver’s perspective.
- Living with MSA– an allied health team addresses effective therapies for MSA patients.
- Practical Planning for Life with MSA – financial planning and long-term care considerations for MSA families.
- Confronting End of Life Issues/Brain Donation – advance plans for palliative care and brain donations.
**There will be two offerings during several time slots, with some repetition of sessions. Attendees will have the opportunity to attend three of the four sessions.
6:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. Patient & Caregiver Reception & Dinner
Dinner Keynote & MSA Candle Lighting Ceremony
Saturday, October 15
7:30 a.m. – 9:00 a.m. Registration & Breakfast
9:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
- Welcome – Judy Biedenharn, MSA Coalition President
- Opening Remarks – D. Houghton, M.D. Host Physician, Ochsner Health System
- Keynote Presentation & MSA Overview
10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. Exhibits
10:40 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. Breakout Sessions
- Beginning the MSA Journey – intended for those diagnosed within 0 – 2 years
- Living with Advanced MSA –intended for those diagnosed over 2 years ago
- About the Global MSA Registry –research update & how to participate
12:30 p.m. – 1:30 p.m. Lunch – Business Report
2:00 p.m. – 3:45 p.m. Research Updates – overview & directions
3:45 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. Closing Remarks
4:00 p.m. – 4:45 p.m. Patient & Caregiver Support Groups
For questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org